Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I fished the wall today

Today I fished the wall outside of Long Beach, we had a falling tide, but we still caught fish. we got out on the wall around 8:15 and fished until noon, the weather was perfect, I caught all of my fish on the jerk bait, my friend caught most of his fish on the same jig and a few on a swim bait. I really enjoy fish calico's this way and I really don't understand why more people don't. If you'd like to try it, you can always charter me for a half day trip and i'd be glad to show you what it's all about.

2 comments:

Manny Gutierrez said...

Hey Dan, I'm glad you had a good time out on the pond. I was following your progress all day. Can't say that I wasn't jealous. You mentioned something that I've been meaning to ask you about. Do you ever use jerk baits or swim baits? And, if so, what do you use? Do you ever use swimbaits with B-52s? Keep up the good work!

Capt. Dan Hernandez said...

I like to use rattling rouge and with B 52 bucktail i sometimes add a Gulp single tail or jerk bait.