Search This Blog

Saturday, May 21, 2011

Epic Day of Fishing Today!










Today I fished aboard the Apollo with friends from a fishing club that Larry and I belong to. The boat left the dock at 10PM last night and headed to Santa Rosa Island. The day before Larry and I had been to the same island for a filming fishing trip for my TV show, yesterday we fished aboard the Pacific Dawn, it was a great fishing trip too and I'll post pictures from that trip tomorrow.
Today's trip was one of those once in  lifetime days on the water, we landed 41 halibut up to 45 pounds! also four white sea bass and some rock fish. I landed two nice halibut and a the largest white sea bass of the day. I'm glad to tell you I landed my largest halibut today on a B 52 6 oz bucktail, I'll give you more details later in the week. I just wanted you to know about this epic day, I have to get to sleep because tomorrow we have another filming / fishing trip, this time out on San Pedro aboard the Gail Force.

No comments: