Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2010

New California Fishing License

If you have tried to buy your 2011 CA fishing license you already know this, but it was a surprise for me when I tried to buy fishing licenses as gifts for Christmas. You no longer can just buy one for other people without having their ID in your hand. You must have a drivers license or passport or some other type of ID with you when you buy your fishing license now. I don't know which ID's they will honor other than the two I listed here. The stores now have a special printer that they use to print out our license from Sacramento with. Also don't go the day that you plan to go fishing or even the day before. One store that I visited was having trouble connecting to the server so they could even order a license for a customer. I just thought I'd give you a heads up about this.
Plano 3650 Size Tackle BoxReady To Fish Tackle Box

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always buy mine on line @ the Ca. fish and game website. You can print up a temporary license and the state will send you out a permanent license within a few business days. No ID required, and you can buy as many as you like.

Capt. Dan Hernandez said...

I know you have always been able to do that in the past, but how about now? do you already have your 2011 fishing license?

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, Scott has always purchased a License for Kids or Grandkids at Christmas Time. Do you know if the new law has changed the Rules? Will he still be able to purchase for them??? Big changes - What's Up With That?

Capt. Dan Hernandez said...

no you will not be able to, the person getting a license needs to show a CA ID. I usually get every here their licese for Xmas, this year I had to give a gift card to cover the cost.