Search This Blog

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lure Colors




every time I look at a lure wall in a store I too spend most of my time looking over what I feel are the best color baits. What I've learned over the years is that color is over rated. I feel that the presentation of a lure is much more important than it's color. If you can get a fish to think your lure is a live and a real fish then it really doesn't matter what color it is. As most of you know I like to fish with a MM7 Magic Metal Jig when I have barracuda around my boat and often I hooked so many fish on that jig that they start to eat the paint off the lure. What i've found is when I get my jig to swim just right it doesn't matter what color it is, fish will eat it.

Last spring I was on my skiff and the barries where down swell from me, I tossed out a MM7 in a mackerel pattern and I hooked fish after fish, after the while half the jig didn't have any paint on it, but the fish still ate it. as I said color is not that important, it's all about the action and how you make your jig swim.

No comments: