Search This Blog

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Trout Fishing



I'm not a huge trout fisherman, but the other day one of my friends asked me to join him for a few hours of fishing at Santa Ann River Lakes. James really like to fish this place and for me it was my first ever there to fish.

I tell you there is nothing like local knowledge when it comes to fishing. James has been here many times. I thought his leaders where very short and i asked him why they were and he told me that the fish it this lake stay close to bottom and that was why he was fishing with a very short 4-6 inch leader, I of course was using a longer 24' leader and needless to say, I watched as James landed two nice trout. The bait he used was white power bait that he said he's girlfriend had bought for him.

I'm not sure when, but i'll be back at the lake with James again soon and you can bet i'll be fishing with a much shorter leader too.

James Mac Donald grew up in Long beach and still lives there, he told me as a kid he grew up watching my TV program with his dad. Today James is a starting pitcher with the LA Dodgers!

No comments: