Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Last Night Lobster Fishing, Again






Last night was a perfect night to go lobster fishing. two of my fishing buddies and I took my Skeeter bay Boat to Marina del Rey for a night of lobster fishing. The weather was perfect and I fished all night in a t-shirt and short pants. On our first pull of the night we had a legal lobster. We were not a lone as there were already five boats on the spot I wanted to fish, so we spent most of the night fishing in the mud away for all the rock piles, but for us it didn't seem to matter, the lobsters were moving all night long.

One thing we did different last night was that we only used fresh bait and I think that really made the difference for us, we had mackerel, bonita and salmon heads that we had bought at an Asian sea food market. Besides the 14 legal lobsters, we also almost limited out on nice size crabs too. 14 lobsters for three people is not limits, but for us it was awesome, that was the most legal lobsters I have ever taken in one night.

If you have never been lobster fishing I really suggest you give it a try. the season ends in mid March, so get out there soon and try it.

Just a reminder if you'd like to come out on one of my fishing charters, you can sign up now, all of my 2010 trips are now posted on my website at www.sport-fishing.com.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

--HUGE LOBSTER-BIG FAN--SAY HI TO MY BROTHER IN LAW HECTOR---WOULD LIKE TO GO SOMETIME