Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

I went Lobster Fishing




With all the options I talked about, I ended up going lobster fishing over the weekend. To my surprise I was the only boat in the whole area. There were four of us on my 24 foot bay boat. We went to Santa Monica Bay like I said I would, we launched out of Marina de Rey.

Everything went as planned except the lobsters took longer to find. on our second hoop net we had our first legal lobster of the night, but it took us an hour to find the next one. One of the problems was the bait we used, some of it was two years old and it was all dried out. Next trip I'll make sure to use fresh bait. We ended the night with 8 legal's and twice as many crabs.

Tonight I'll be in Ventura, speaking to a local fishing club up there, i'll see you all tomorrow.

No comments: