Search This Blog

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Fresh Bait

One thing that I have learned about lobster fishing is that you need to have fresh bait. The times that I have tried to use old bait that I had in my freezer, I just didn't have that much luck. So if you are planning to go out there this weekend, make sure you either buy fresh mackerel or go fishing for mackerel the day before you go lobster fishing. I would not head out lobster fishing without having my bait first. Also I've been told that giant squid works great for bait for lobsters, I do not know this first hand , but several lobster fishing experts have told me so. One other fact that I learned my last time out was that you don't need to wait for it to be totally dark before you start checking your hoops. on the last trip we set out hoops about forty minutes before dark and just was the sun was setting we checked them and we already had lobsters in them. They key is just go out there and do it, you can't catch and lobsters sitting at home.

No comments: