Search This Blog

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Lobster Fishing



Tomorrow night we are planning on filming a new show on lobster fishing, today has been all about getting ready. first it was pulling my skiff out of the water and loading her on the trailer, then it was getting the hoop nets ready and then picking up fresh bait. Tonight I have to load in my new GPS numbers into my Raymarine E-120 unit and fill my bait cages with the fresh bait I picked up today. It's been a very long and busy day, but I'm really looking forward to going lobster fishing tomorrow night.

The reason I picked tomorrow is that, I've always been told that the bugs like to walk a lot after a storm. we had a little storm yesterday and a much larger one coming on Sunday. The area I plan to fish is where we got them last season, so I'm hoping they will still be there.

The biggest difference about tomorrows trip is that it will just be one of my fishing buddies and me on the boat, it the past I've always had an expert with me to find them and to do all the work. Tomorrow night will be my test and I'll make sure to let you all know how I do.

No comments: