Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Getting ready to go fishing tomorrow

Tomorrow I'll be going fishing with a special guest. No there will be no cameras tomorrow this is just for fun! This guy grew up here in Southern Cal and loves to fish. he called me on Monday while he was fishing for trout at Santa Anna River lakes and asked if I had time to go fishing this week. With the perfect weather we've been having I had to say yes!

Because we can't fish for rock fish until March my plan is to start off fishing for sculpin and then move over to the break wall for some calico bass fishing. If we get lucky and buy live squid I might just fish some rocks at Horseshoe kelp?

Because these are all very different styles of fishing I'm going to have to bring a lot of fishing tackle with me. If we get live squid for bait, I'll be fishing mainly with B-52 bucktails. if we don't then all bets are off. I'll be tossing crack baits and anchovies along the wall or dropping the live baits to the bottom in about 100 feet of water for the scuplin? I'll let you know tomorrow how we do. I always enjoy this part of fishing, getting my tackle box ready for the next day of fishing.
You have to love it here in Southern Cal. it's Jan 7th and it's going to be 70 today! perfect fishing weather......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun. The weather will be good.