Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

hooks for surf fishing

I've had a few people ask me what hooks I use for surf fishing. I really only use two styles of hooks for this type of fishing. A bait holder hook for fishing with grubs and with Gulp and a Kayle style or wide gap hook for fishing with ghost shrimp. these two hook styles is all you'll really need. as far as hook size, stay small. I like a size #6 or #4 for the bait holder hooks and a 1/0 for the wide gap hook. of course if all i'm hooking are larger fish them i'll move up to larger size hooks. If you're not sure what I'm talking about to visit your local tackle shop and ask for help. they all want to help you catch more fish.

Last if you're really lost go to my website at www.sport-fishing and order my surf fishing hook kit, it has all the hooks you'll need and a DVD that covers knots and rigs for surf fishing.

No comments: