Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Day one here at the East Cape, Mexico

I've been coming down to the EAST CAPE for over 25 years. I'm down here right now and it's hot. fishing was good today, lots of dorado and I also landed a sail fish and one marlin, all the billfish were realized.

I know a lot of people are still afraid to come to Mexico, all of the drama in Mexico is drug related, none of that is here in the East Cape, I know American are afraid to come down here and they shouldn't. I always feel safe down here, this rip is no different.

I don't know if this makes any sense or not, but in the movie Up In The Air, George C. says something like "when i'm cursing at 35000 feet I feel like I'm home" Today as we headed offshore, about 27 miles out and the skipper slowed the boat and we dropped the trolling lines in the water, I too had that feeling, Like I was back home...

I love it down here and I'm fished in baja around 60-90 times over the past 27 years, not all my trips have been here and not all of them did I catch a lot of fish, but each time I dropped a line in the water I felt like I was home....



If you have never been here, it's time to make that trip down here, the fishing is awesome!

No comments: