Search This Blog

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Indian Fish Report

Yesterday I spent my birthday aboard the Indian about 120 miles south of San Diego. We were hoping to find some yellowtail, but what we found were huge rock fish, reds over 9 pounds and lots of lingcod too. It wasn't what we were hoping for, but spending the day on the water with 18 of my loyal vewers and Capt Chris Randal and his crew was the perfect way for me to spend my birthday.

All of my fish were taken fishing with a two or four hook gangion with 1oz B 52 bucktails with a strip of cut squid pinned on. everyone had limits of fish and one lucky angler even landed 9 lingcod! He kelp his two and gave the others away to other anglers on the boat. The rock fishing was about as good as it gets on some of our drifts. I did hope two nice fish on MM2 10oz jigs too.





No comments: