Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Permit to fish in Mexican waters is now good for six months!

Here's a new press release from Mexico, you will not need a Visa, but you will need a Permit to fish in Mexico, the good news is that the Permit will be good for six months! I'm happy to see that Mexico is working on this.

• There is no visa or new immigration requirement for sport fishing purposes. U.S.

citizens, permanent residents of the United States, and foreigners who carry any

type of valid U.S. visa do not require a Mexican visa to enter the country as

tourists for a period of up to 180 days.

• According to current regulations, US citizens that wish to enter Mexico for any

purpose, including sport fishing, must: (i) present themselves before migration

authorities in a port open for international transit of persons. Ensenada is

presently the nearest Mexican seaport to San Diego that offers this service; (ii) fill

out the Multiple Migratory Form (FMM); (iii) present a valid Passport or any other

valid form of government issued id; and make the tourist immigration rights

payment of $294 (Two hundred and ninety four Mexican pesos)

• Mexican law considers the possible participation of consignee agencies. Their

function is to support all administrative procedures, such as gathering

information, filling out forms and payment of fees. The hiring of the

aforementioned services for recreational or sport fishing vessels for private use is

not mandatory. Fees charged by consignee agencies are not part of the

government rates applicable to the issuance of various permits.

• It is also required for every person that intends to enter Mexico for sport fishing

activities to obtain the individual sport fishing permit, issued by the National

Commission of Aquaculture and Fisheries (CONAPESCA). This permit may be

processed at: Fees as of January 2012 are:

 1 day $110 Mexican pesos

 1 week $ 276 Mexican pesos

 1 year $ 553 Mexican pesos

 Excursion $ 787 Mexican pesos

• Commercial recreational or sport vessels, Mexican or foreign-registered, that will make use

of any Mexican port must obtain a permit for the provision of tourism services. This is issued

by the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation (SCT) and must be requested in

advance to the corresponding Port Captain’s Office. This requirement is not applicable to

private vessels that engage in sport fishing in Mexican waters.

• The Secretariat of the Navy (SEMAR) is empowered to carry out inspections in local

and foreign vessels navigating Mexican territorial waters in order to ensure

compliance of applicable regulations.

The promotion of tourism to our country is one of the high priorities of the Mexican

government. Information will be provided in a timely manner about new measures to be

taken to facilitate the entrance of foreign tourist to our territory, including those tourists

that wish to do sport fishing in Mexican territorial waters

No comments: