Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Patriot Fishing Trip Report

This past Saturday, June 2nd we had a filming. fishing charter aboard the Patriot out of Avila Beach Sport Fishing in Central CA. This was a crab and rock fish combo trip. I had never done a trip like this before so I wanted to try it out. We left the pier at 7AM and ran straight to the crab pots, the traps had enough in them that we only hit about eight of them, all but one were filled with crabs. After that it off fishing. We started out in 225 feet of water, I landed most of my fish with a double dropper loop rig with two 1/2oz B 52 bucktails, pinned with a strip of squid. fishing was only OK at best. We had lots of wind and a large swell, there was nothing the crew could do, Jay the skipper told me he couldn't get to the areas he wanted to fish. Everyone left the boat with 5 crabs each and most anglers had about a half limit on the rock fish.


On the way home we surf fished at Santa Barbara, it as pretty wide open, I had over 30 fish in less then an hour!






No comments: