Search This Blog

Sunday, November 6, 2011

East Cape trip recap




Today was our last day down here, I wouldn't call it wide open fishing, but there were a lot of nice fish down here. Day one I landed a 100 pound sailfish and had a short strike on a blue marlin right next to the boat and had another marlin hit a Zuker on the outrigger, but it didn't eat the lure. I must of seen 15-20 marlin and sailfish landed on day one, the fish where on one small bank and the weather was perfect, all of the action was only about two miles off the beach and close to the hotel. Day two was blown out, but day there was great. The Valdez brothers were not sure about the weather so they took us all to San Jose del Cabo and put us on their boats out of there. Here we landed several nice dorado, some skipjack and other guys with us got a few yellowfin, I got lucky hooked up with a nice 35-40 pound wahoo. We had two other wahoo bites, but I only landed that one. The weather done here was perfect,
One other thing that I'd like to share is that the sailfish was taken in 300 feet and the water temp was 87 degrees. Everything at Hotel Buena Vista was great. My group had a great time, the weather was perfect and the food was great. I'll be back here next Aug.

No comments: